Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Skunks in Las Cruces

So Andrew and I have taken Roxie on a walk almost every day that we have lived in Las Cruces. The weather is usually really nice and our area is perfect for nightly walks. Since Kodi was born we have slowed our walks to almost none. But last night we decided to take Kodi and Roxie for a little stroll around the campus. Last summer we saw skunks almost every day but recently we have not seen any. Until last night. We were just walking along. I was carrying Kodi because I did not want to go to the trouble of getting her stroller out and strapping her in. Andrew was holding Roxie's leash. I was thinking that it would be nice if I never saw a skunk again while we lived in Las Cruces. And then Andrew started making a weird sound and jumped back almost knocking Kodi and I over. He could not have told me that there was a skunk. But then I saw it and quickly backed away. It was only a baby and it was running across the street towards us. They are quick little devils. Thankfully it did not notice us and it went on its marry little way and so did we. This is just another memory of the zoo NMSU campus is.

No comments:

Post a Comment