Friday, August 20, 2010

Livestock Judging

So over the last two days I have been in Randolph, UT judging their county fair. And it was really fun. I had no idea that I would enjoy getting paid for sharing my opinion so much. I judged everything... even chickens and rabbits. I know nothing about chickens and rabbits. But hey I was the judge so my decision was final. It was the perfect 1st county fair for me to judge. There were only 28 sheep, 20 hogs, 15 steers, and 9 goats. I was really scared about talking on the microphone but after a few classes I think I got the hang of it. (hopefully).

The one huge down side was that I had to go all by my self. I think it was the first night I have spent away from Kodi since she got out of the hospital. But she was in really really good hands. Andrew and Kodi are so great together. Right now as I am writing this they are sitting on the couch fast asleep together. They are so much alike I love it. Friday nights are great. Just sitting at home with the ones you love knowing that you don't need to do anything productive for at least 12 or more hours. I love my little family so much and I don't know what I would do with out them. It seems like the 40 hours that I was away made me recognize how great I have it and that I never want to lose the amazing little family that I have... even Roxie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment