Thursday, October 20, 2011

The middle of October

Well so far today is a good day and for me good days have not been the normal lately. But I am not trying to focus on the bad. I am trying to be positive. Maren is now 5 months old. She is getting so big and yesterday she got to eat rice cereal for the first time and she loved it. She ate every bite that I gave her and she did really well with it. Kodi was the exact opposite. She screamed and hated it. She didn't ever like baby food. But so far Maren is liking it. We have started potty training Kodi. It is going pretty well, she goes when I remind her. I am just easing her into it but when we move I will really start pushing her to be done with diapers. Speaking of moving we are supposed to close on our house on Nov. 1st. The inspector has been through it, the appraiser has gone through it, and now we are just waiting for the sellers to make a few changes. We are living in chaos right now. I know for a fact that I could never be a hoarder. I hate having boxes and things stacked all over. We are living in a mess right now and I am ready for it to be over. Kodi tries to be so helpful but in fact she is not. I have been going though all our stuff and I have been packing boxes and she follows along and unpacks everything for me. The other day I packed all out games but I didn't tape the top of the box since Maren was sleeping and I didn't want the sound of the tape stretching to wake her up. So I left to go and do the dishes. Kodi was pretty quite for a while so when I was done with the dishes I went to look for her. She was right next to the box that had, yes I said had as in past tense, all the games in it. Now they were every where. All the card games were open and dumped out the life game was dumped and all the little pink and blue people were scattered, and she had gotten the playdough out of the cranium box. I didn't even know what to do. But I guess that is how life goes. Messes happen. I really hope that one day Kodi has a little girl just like her.

I have been thinking a lot lately about family. The family dynamic really baffles me. You don't get to pick them out but you are supposed to love them any way. What the crap? Well thats all I can write for now Kodi is calling me......

No comments:

Post a Comment