Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 2013

While I have a few seconds to myself I thought I would blog a little. My little children are doing well and they are growing super fast still. I have some funny/ important things I need to get down before I totally forget about them. Kodi and Maren are pretty funny and they usually can bring a smile to my face. Last night at dinner Maren was eating some carrots but she refused to eat the pasta I made. She pulled out a My Little Pony from her shirt (I had no idea that she was hiding it there. We have a rule of no toys at the table.) She set the pony on the table, picked up some pasta and tried to feed it to the pony. Of course it didn’t eat it since it is a plastic doll but Maren looks up at me and said “she don’t like it!” Then she pushed her plate away and tells me that “Mare don’t like it”. So that was that. Maren has this personality that is just so funny. The other night we put the girls to bed but they were not having it. However I was super tired and I was not moving my giant pregnant self so Andrew had to take care of all their craziness. So Kodi kept running upstairs (naked except for her panties) yelling that she has to “go”. Maren kept dragging her blankets and toys into our room wanting to snuggle and then going back into her room to find more toy pigs and monkeys. After about 30 minutes of that they finally calmed down or so we thought. They usually go to bed at 8 and this was now like 9:30pm. All our lights were out upstairs except the one at the top of the stairs and all was quite. Andrew went to get a glass of water and found Maren parked at the top of the stairs reading her pig book so she got sent back to bed. 20 minutes later Kodi comes running upstairs freaking out about Maren sleeping in her bed. So Andrew went down stairs to find our little night owl and she was nowhere to be seen. Then he sees the princess tent move a little. She was crouched down hiding from him. She is so funny. After all that they finally went to sleep and Andrew got a much needed break. Kodi has started swimming lessons and she is having a ball. She is the youngest and the smallest person in her class. She mostly says “woo hoo” at the top of her lungs the whole time she is in the pool. She tells me that all the kids in her class are her friends but she doesn’t know any names. She loves the red slide and tries to go down it the whole time and finally when free time arrives she goes down more than any of the other kids. I am really glad that we put her in the lessons. It is helping me and her at the same time. I am well aware that I am OCD and overbearing and I have a hard time with letting control go. But with her in the pool and me on the sidelines she has to do things all by herself or with the help from her teachers. Kodi is just growing up so fast I am having a hard. Well I can now say that my 3rd baby is due next month. It thankfully is going by fast. I have never liked being pregnant but I love my little girls. My little family is changing into a semi-big family. I am about to have more children than the average American. I am super glad that we bought the truck when we did. We for sure have enough room for our little addition. For a while I have been watching my really good friend’s baby on Thursdays and she is good practice for this next little baby. I at least know I can handle 3 little girls one day a week. Lol! Now I am just scared about the other 6 days. I can’t really remember what it was like to add Maren to our family. Then again we were already used to missed sleep and diaper changing (Kodi was only 6 months old when I found out I was prego with Maren). The girls are 16 months apart. With Lanie I will at least have 23 months between her and Maren. I keep getting advise from ladies in my ward, my friends and family members about #3. They all seem to think that I will fall apart once I have 3 children. I am sure that my house will be a little crazier and that I will be really tired all the time but I am determined to not fall apart. Have some faith people. Sheesh! If I can get crazy Kodi to calm down I can accomplish anything. I am 90% sure that we will not be having anymore children. I know that Andrew really, really, really wants to have a boy but our chances of having another girl are pretty high. I think I will be ok with doing girl stuff for the rest of my life. I didn’t have any sisters and I prayed a lot growing up that I would get some. The Lord has just waited to give me the blessing of girls in my life. Plus I have a bunch of friends that only have boys and someone needs to balance them out. This blog post is just a bunch of my mindless ramblings. But oh well it is more for my benefit than anyone else. I feel really bad for Andrew these days. I am an emotional mess. Seriously anything will set me off. He could look at me wrong and I will burst into tears for like an hour. I cannot wait to have my body back to normal. I have always been a cry baby while pregnant but this time around it feels much worse. Andrew is trying so hard to make things easier on me and I really do appreciate all the effort he is making for me. Wow this post is giant I better stop while I am ahead. Hopefully I will post again before the baby comes. Who knows when I will have time after?

No comments:

Post a Comment