Thursday, January 31, 2013

I have a 3 year old!!!!

I said I would post some pictures of the big event and here they are. I was having a horrible pregnant day and I did not get very good pictures but these are some of the best.
The little girls just love Grandpa Tolman. Maren has the cheesiest grin.
We told Kodi that we would give her a bike when she was all potty trained. She worked really hard and has not forgotten about the bike so of course we got her one for her birthday. She loves it! When the snow melts I am sure we will spend a lot of time chasing after her. I think I will really dislike birthdays if they all go like Kodi's 3rd. I had a busy few days leading up to the event so I was already burned out. I had a scout meeting until 9pm the night before and I was babysitting my friends sick, needy baby the day of. The fist cake I made literally fell apart so I turned it into crumbs that I will make into cake pops for valentines day. I decided to try and do a checker board cake and that was the worst idea ever (those things are way harder then they look). When I finally got my cake frosted it started melting and pulling the cake apart. So I had to hurry and put it in the freezer. That led to a huge meltdown. On top of that my little children did not listen to one thing I said that day and every thing I cleaned they messed up. I mopped the floor and then Maren pulled stuff out of the fridge and spilled it everywhere. I vaccumed and then Kodi found some crunched up pretzles in my purse and she decided to sprinkle them everywhere. I won't go on because there was a lot more. Andrew told me he would get home 2 hours early to help me but ended getting home right before our guests arrived. That was the worst day I have had up until thie point in my time as a mother. I am sure being pregnant magnified it by 1,000 but i don't want to have that experience ever again. All I know is that my 2 kids + being pregnant+ babysitting a 1 year old has made me see that we cannot have 4 children anytime soon if ever. I am pretty proud of myself for not crying at all during the party. I am happy that Kodi is 3 and that she is the big sister to my other little girls. She is a real sweet heart most of the time and she is a big helper. I love her and I am grateful we have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment