Friday, November 5, 2010

Boy oh Boy

So yesterday was going pretty well and I was getting a lot done at work. Every thursday I go and teach a little class for the After School Program either on Getting Fit or Nutrition. So this week was get fit and I was teaching my little group how to jump rope. Sad to say most of them had no idea how to jump rope. I was amazed. When I was in grade school we were always jumping rope during recess and we had a bunch of songs and games. So it was a little bit sad that these kids did not know how to jump.

But that is not the reason for my post. We were trying to do relay races and they kids were not listening to me at all. But this one 3rd grade girl came up to me and I quote said "Are you a BOY, Cause you look like a boy." I did not know what to say to this little punk of a kid. I had large hoop earrings on, a lace trimmed shirt and make up on. Seriously what is this world coming to that I would ever look like a boy to some one. I wanted to cry or punch that little brat. But instead I just told her to go away and jomp some more. I think from now on I should wear a push up bra and high heels everywhere I go. Then there would be no question for anyone. Well that is a little over the top and I am not going to do that but really my feelings are a little hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment