Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cold Cold Cold!!!

Oh my heck it is so stinking cold in Idaho. When I got in my truck this morning it was a whopping 6 degrees, but it was also windy therefore it felt colder. I am currently wearing gloves while I type this and my fingers are still cold. Yesterday my office was closed at noon due to the wind and snow. I really wish that we were also closed today. Other than myself there is only one other person that I work with that is here today. Everyone else is either sick or they took the week off. Wow that would be nice, but oh well I am saving my days for later when I really need them.

Actually I want to tell some truth for a minute. I am kinda enjoying the snow... and I usually hate the snow. But since we have not really had a snowy winter for the last two years I think the snow is really pretty. And one other plus about Pocatello, Idaho is that people use actual christmas light to decorate. In New Mexico they used luminarios (I am not sure of the spelling). Which are basically a brown paper sack with a candle inside. They were neat but I just love it when people go all out and have their whole yards decorated. So I am really looking forward to taking a family drive around Poky to see all the lights. I am also finding out that Andrew is not a very good snow driver which is super funny for me since I always tease him about his driving but hopefully he will get used to driving on snowy slick roads for Kodi's sake.
Kodi is not a fan of being outside in the snow. She hates it when it gets in her face and that it is so cold. If we are out side for like 10 seconds she start to shiver and her teeth chatter. I think it is mostly an act but it is super cute to watch. Kodi does like snow in the house though. Yesterday when we got home I had some snow on my shoes and she thought that it was great until it melted. She is a funny little girl.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I am happy to be spending time with family. We are going to Andrew's parents house which should be a lot of fun, super loud, and have yummy food. Tonight Andrew and I are going to Harry Potter, the origional plan was for us to go with his whole family but they all went last night and we already have a babysitter for tonight so we are going on a little date. Hopefully it is worth it, we have seen a bunch of movies that totally suck so I am really ready to see a good one.

Well Happy Thanksgiving to everyone I hope you have a wonderful day; Full of family, friends, food, and thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment